Decorating for Thanksgiving
Listed below are three do it yourself (DIY) decorating for Thanksgiving ideas directly from the DollarTree.com website. All of the colored text in the directions are products you can purchase at DollarTree.com. They are beautiful, yet very inexpensive: $1. Enjoy creating and shopping.
Say goodbye to summer and hello to fall with a new harvest wreath for your front door. Welcome your guests with smiling scarecrows, maple leaves, mini gourds, and all the colors of autumn… not to mention all the supplies you need total under $15!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 14″ Metal Wreath Form
- 1 Package of 45-ct. Chenille Stems
- 4 Deco Mesh Rolls (1 Roll of Each Harvest Color)
- 2 Packs of 2-ct. Scarecrow Picks
- 1 Pack of 12-ct. Glitter Maple Leaves
- 1 Pack of 50-ct. Maple Leaves
- 2 Packs of 5-ct. Glitter Mini Gourds
- 1 Bottle of Craft Glue
Easy Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Cut 12 chenille stems in half. Attach stems to metal wreath form at the 24 points (where the wire crosses in a T or an X) by twisting it around the metal. Twist twice to secure.
- Unwind first deco mesh roll and create a 3″-loop at the end of the roll.
- Secure loop to wreath form by twisting a chenille stem around the loop twice.
- Gather an 8″ length of mesh, bunch, and secure around the form using the next closest chenille stem, repeating until reaching the end of the roll.
- Create a loop at the end of the roll and secure by twisting a chenille stem around the loop twice.
- Repeat with the next 3 rolls of mesh, alternating the chenille stems used to secure the mesh.
- Add Scarecrow Picks and Glitter Maple Leaves at regular intervals around the wreath.
- Using craft glue, create three beds of Maple Leaves in a 4-5″ circle and allow glue to dry.
- Attach Glitter Mini Gourds to the center of the leaf nests and allow the glue to dry.
- Glue leaf nests with mini gourds to the main wreath.
- Display the finished wreath on the door of your home, school, or office to encourage fall fun!
If you’re looking for ways to save some money on decorating for Thanksgiving, your flower budget is one area that might have a little wiggle room. With DollarTree.com’s collection of faux floral supplies, you can affordably assemble beautiful, seasonal arrangements for your tables in no time at all!
Not sure if faux flowers will match your décor or color scheme? For just a few dollars, you can assemble a sample arrangement at home… it’s super easy and we think you (and your wallet) will fall in love.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Fill your vase more than halfway full with river rocks.
- Insert and arrange the floral stems and bushes into the river rock-filled vase. Tip: Weave the tops of the flowers together to make the bouquet look more natural.
- Wrap burlap ribbon around the neck of the vase and tie a bow.
- Secure the ribbon to the vase with strong glue (if needed) and cut any excess ribbon from the ends of the bow.
- Repeat the first four steps for each of your reception tables and enjoy your gorgeous autumn wedding!
Will you be hosting any fall gatherings with family and friends? Get in the spirit of the season by creating a beautiful and inviting mantel display with autumn-themed décor and supplies for just $1 each! Arrange your display however you’d like, showcasing scarecrows, pumpkins, and gourds surrounded by fall foliage garland, ribbon, and deco mesh. Complete the look by adding LED or traditional candles and candleholders for a warm and welcoming glow.
Decorations & Supplies We Recommend:
- 5-ft. Artificial Fall Foliage Garlands
- Artificial Pie Pumpkin Arrangements with Berries
- Assorted Burlap-Covered Artificial Gourds or Pumpkins
- 4″ Foam Pumpkins or Gourds
- 18″ Standing or 12″ Sitting Scarecrows
- 50-ct. Artificial Glitter Maple Leaves
- 4″ Metallic Pumpkins
- 5″ x 3-yd. Wire-Edged Ribbon
- 6″ x 5-yd. Decorative Mesh Ribbon
- 5-pk. Mini Foam Pumpkins or Gourds
- Glass Candleholders
- 5″ Glass Taper Candleholders
- LED or Unscented Traditional Votive or Pillar Candles